GoFundMe changes the way the world gives. As the world's #1 social fundraising platform, GoFundMe connects campaigns with inspired audiences -- wherever they are across key social channels like Facebook and Twitter -- and brings organizers closer to crushing their goals.
GoFundMe Had A Vision...
- Increase social presence of campaigns without disrupting GoFundMe's legacy technology.
- Build relationships with third-party social accounts.
- Better quantify and organize social growth and activity.
What Happened: Rebel Discovery
- Plug + Play Implementation. Rebel Discovery easily plugged into GoFundMe's existing proprietary CMS, for immediate use by edit and social teams.
- Social Growth Potential With Every Story. With proprietary algorithms and built-in outreach functionality, GoFundMe regularly uncovered and engaged relevant social accounts to amplify inspiring fundraising stories.
- Data That Surfaces What Matters Most. The Rebel Discovery dashboard houses insight that allowed GoFundMe to easily check the results of their outreach efforts and identify valuable referrers.
Snapshot of GoFundMe's Rebel Discovery dashboard
The Result: More Organic Exposure On Social
Over five months, GoFundMe campaign pages using Rebel Discovery averaged a 10% lift in social shares each week.
Good To Know: MVPs (Most Valuable Promoters) Come In All Sizes
With Rebel Discovery, GoFundMe had the tech to easily identify social accounts that were moving the needle for key causes, including those with both massive and super-niche audiences. Plus, once engaged, some accounts some shared multiple times!
In November 2016, Rebel Discovery helped organically connect causes to 49 different social referrers, including:
Key Takeaway: Maximize Social + Make A Difference
"We love that Discovery helps us see when large Facebook accounts are sharing our content. Not only does this show that big audiences are being exposed to certain stories, but it also can help us identify trending campaigns that we can help promote to an even wider audience." -- Brittany Cabriales, Media Associate at GoFundMe
Want to more organic reach on social? Give us some info and let us help you: